The deadline to request an absentee ballot is November 1st, 2016.
The mobile version of DCBOE Vote allows you to sign and send your absentee application from your mobile phone or tablet.
Who is eligible to vote absentee?
Any registered voter may vote absentee without providing an excuse.
If you are requesting a ballot for a primary election, you must be at least seventeen (17) years of age and eighteen (18) years of age on or before the next general election. If you are requesting a ballot for a general or special election, you must be at least 18 years of age on or before the date of the general or special election.
Do I need to provide identification to vote absentee?
You do not need to provide ID if you have already voted in DC at least once. If you are voting for the first time in DC, you registered to vote by mail, and you did not provide identification at the time of registration, you must include a copy of your ID with your absentee ballot application. The following are acceptable forms of identification:
- A copy of a current driver’s license or other photo identification which shows the voter’s name and address
- A copy of a utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or government document which shows the voter’s name and address
What is the deadline to vote absentee?
Absentee ballot applications must be received by the Tuesday before Election Day. Voted absentee ballots must be received by Election Day.
- I am a United States Citizen
- I meet the age requirement for voting in the election for which I am requesting this ballot
- I am not in jail on a felony conviction
- I have not been found by a court to be legally incompetent to vote
- I do not claim voting residence outside of the District of Columbia