THIS PAGE IS INTENDED FOR USE BY NON-MILITARY AND NON-OVERSEAS VOTERS. IF YOU ARE A MILITARY OR OVERSEAS VOTER, PLEASE CLICK HERE
The District of Columbia allows all eligible registered voters to vote by mail for any reason. (If you are not registered to vote, you may register online here
, or you may download a form here
While we recommend you use our online or printable form
to request an absentee ballot, any form of written and signed communication requesting an absentee ballot is acceptable. Please be sure that any written request for an absentee ballot includes the following information:
- Your name
- The election(s) for which you are requesting a ballot
- The address at which you are registered
- Your current residence address, if different from above
- Your contact information (telephone number and/or email address)
- Your date of birth
- Mailing address to which ballot should be delivered
- Your original signature (An absentee ballot request sent electronically will be considered to contain an original signature)
If you choose to submit a printed or written absentee ballot request, you may deliver your request to the D.C. Board of Elections:
D.C. Board of Elections
1015 Half Street, SE
Washington, D.C. 20003
You can also complete the entire absentee ballot request process electronically on your mobile device (smart phone or tablet) by downloading and using our mobile application, Vote 4 DC, and signing your application on your device screen with your fingertip or a stylus.
Requests for absentee ballots must be received by no later than the 7th day before an election.
The deadline for the December 4, 2018 Ward 4 Member of the State Board of Education Special Election is Tuesday, November 27, 2018.
You will receive your absentee ballot by mail. Instructions on how to vote and return your ballot will be included along with your ballot. Your voted ballot must be received by the Board by no later than 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
You can track the status of your absentee ballot here
. If you are concerned that you may not be able to receive or cast your ballot in time for it to be counted, please contact the D.C. Board of Elections at 202.727.2525.
- I am a United States Citizen
- I am a registered voter in the District of Columbia
- I am eligible to vote in the election(s) for which I am requesting this ballot